Web Policy & Privacy Statement
Web Policy Statement of The Dublin Mint Office Ltd
- Copyright in this site and the information set out on it belongs to us or our licensors and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without our prior consent. All copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices must be left intact.
Save as otherwise specified the contents of all the pages contained in this site are copyright of DMO or its licensors.
- Reproduction of part or all of the contents of the pages in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with the following permissions. You are granted a non-exclusive, non transferable licence solely for the purpose of using this site and any services available on this site. You may make one electronically stored, transient copy of these pages of this site for the exclusive purpose of on-line viewing. You may make one hard copy of these pages for exclusively, non-commercial purposes.
- Save whether otherwise specified the author(s) of the literary and artistic work set out in the pages contained in this site has/have asserted his/her/their moral rights to be identified as the author of these works.
- This licence does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hardcopy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no part of this site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.
- No part of this site may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval.
- Some pages on this site contain hypertext links to websites of business units and subsidiaries of DMO. You are reminded that when you enter such sites, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of those sites.
- Some pages on this site contain hypertext links to websites not maintained by DMO. You are reminded that when you enter other websites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and conditions and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our site. We will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such link to websites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
- You warrant that you will use this site in accordance with all the terms and conditions applying to such use and you agree to indemnify DMO for any liability accruing to DMO from your use of this site.
- This site is established in Ireland in accordance with the laws of Ireland and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the site, you accept that your use of the site and any information on the site will also be governed by the laws of Ireland and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of the site or any information on it, you agree that the Irish Courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over all such claims or disputes.
- The use of this site or the distribution of information on the site may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain jurisdictions and this website is not intended for use nor the information intended for distribution in such jurisdictions and the persons accessing this website should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions.
- No third party is permitted to link any other website to this site without obtaining our prior written consent.
- Please note that the sending of personal information via e-mail over the internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. You should not divulge confidential or personal information over the internet unless you are using secure or encrypted communications technology.
- The contents of this site including these terms and conditions are subject to change by us without notification to you. We accept no responsibility or liability for keeping the information in this site up to date or for any failure to do so.
The information contained in this site is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in its preparation we do not make any warranties or representations as to its completeness, accuracy or reliability. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all of the information on the site is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not represent that this is the case and it should not be relied upon as such. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this site. Access to and use of this site is at the users own risk and we do not represent or warrant the use of this site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection. In no event do we accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of this site or any of its contents. We do not accept liability for any inaccuracies or omissions on this site. All implied warranties are excluded to the fullest extent permissible under law. We reserve the right to update or alter the information on this site including these terms and conditions at any time without giving notice of the alterations. DMO do not give any warranty of uninterrupted use of this site and DMO do not accept liability for any information posted on this site by third parties.
- You will ensure that your use of this website complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to those principles of law which protect against compromise of copyrights, trade secrets, proprietary information and other intellectual property rights, liable or defamation of character, invasion of privacy or tortious interference.
- No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
- DMO may use any details supplied by you to us for direct marketing or otherwise about the products and services provided by DMO or its subsidiaries. DMO is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 – 2003 and all personal data will be maintained in accordance with the obligations of that Act.
The following terms and conditions apply in addition to those terms and conditions applicable to this website.
- You agree not to post or publish any offensive, defamatory or unlawful material that could encourage or constitute a criminal offence, civil liability or violation of any law.
- DMO reserves the right to monitor or review the contents of the website but are not obliged to do so and assume no liability or responsibility for the contents therein.
- DMO reserves the right to remove any materials posted to the website at its absolute discretion.
- DMO may disclose your identity to relevant parties to aid any investigation.
- You warrant that the information you enter on this site is accurate and you indemnify us in respect of any damage or legal costs arising out of any action taken against us in respect of the material posted by you.
Data Privacy Statement of The Dublin Mint Office Ltd
Website of DMO
This is the privacy statement of DMO and relates to our privacy practices in connection with this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
DMO respects the rights of users of our website and is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Data Protection Acts of 1988 and 2003 (the “Data Protection Acts”) at all times. We will not collect any personal information (also referred to as personal data) about you on this website without your permission or otherwise in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
Words appearing in bold above are defined at the end of this privacy statement.
Collection and use of personal data
Except in relation to certain specific features of this website, you do not have to provide us with any personal information (or personal data) to use our website. However where you elect to give us your personal data through this website via online feedback forms or email (e.g. Customer Services) then we will treat your personal information in accordance with this paragraph.
By simply visiting our website you do not disclose, nor do we collect, personal data on you. All that we may know about your visit may be limited to technical data such as:
1. the logical address (or IP address) of the server you used to access this website
2. the top level domain name from which you access the internet (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
3. the previous website address from which you reached us
4. the type of web-browser you used
5. web traffic data.
The technical data shall be used for administrative and statistical purposes and may be shared with our internet service provider. We will use this information to help us to improve our website. This technical data does not provide us with the personal data of visitors to our website.
Analytic software, tracking usage of the DMO website
DMO uses analytical software to measure visits to the DMO website. This software captures technical, non personal detail, allowing us to analyse how visitors use the site. The Analytical software uses ‘Cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour in an anonymous form.
Giving us your personal information
Please note that where you provide us with your personal information (e.g. name, e-mail address, work address, phone and facsimile numbers and/or other contact information), through a facility provided on this website or directly to us by e-mail, you consent to us:
(a) processing and administering your personal data to perform all necessary actions to give effect to your request or instruction; and
(b) retaining a record of incoming and outgoing communications (e.g. email).
Information in the email we receive and send will not be disclosed to any third party without the permission of the sender unless otherwise in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
Please note that by using this website you are giving us your consent to process your personal data as outlined in this Privacy Statement. Your consent is also provided to any successor or assignee of DMO and/or any of its businesses. We inform all persons who submit their personal data to us of these conditions by this Privacy Statement.
Security of data
DMO takes seriously its security obligations in respect of your personal data under the Data Protection Acts to prevent unauthorised access to, or alteration or destruction of personal data in our possession.
Right of Access
Where you have provided us with your personal data you have a right to be given a copy of your personal data in accordance with section 4 of the Data Protection Acts subject to certain exceptions. To request a copy of your personal data please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Right of rectification or erasure
If we hold incorrect information about you which was originally submitted by you through this website, you have the right to have the data amended. Further you have the right to have any information you have sent to us via this website erased. To request your right to rectification and/or erasure please send your request to us by email to email@example.com together with:
1. Your name and address.
2. A description of the specific personal data you wish rectified.
3. If you request an erasure of your personal data all your data will be erased subject to the following important notice.
We are not required to rectify or erase your data where to do so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to us or where we are required to process (including retaining) your personal data for a lawful purpose in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
DMO trusts that you appreciate we respect your right to privacy and that our honesty and integrity shall mean that you will continue to trust us with your personal data, knowing that we will not use it for any inappropriate purpose.
Glossary of technical terms used
Cookies: Small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a web site. Cookies can be read by the website on your subsequent visits so that you can access information in a faster and more efficient way. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the web site can "remember" you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have separately furnished such information to the website.
IP address: The identifying details for your computer (or your internet company's computer), expressed in "internet protocol" code (for example 192.168.72.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.
personal data: means information about you which can identify you and which is within the possession of DMO (e.g. your name and address)
web browser: The piece of software you use to read web pages. Examples are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Firefox and Opera.